SUNDAY JULY 7th
ALL LEVELS HORSEBACK YOGA WORKSHOP
12 noon ~ 3 pm
$40 includes arena use fee ~ Free to “audit” (participate/observe on foot)
Big Lake Stables is located at 16550 State Route 9, Mount Vernon, WA
Here are the best ways you can prepare:
- Please bring a trusted horseperson friend to hold your horse for you if needed. It is also possible to partner up and spend half the time riding and the other half holding for your partner.
- Show up on Sunday with a sense of play and childlike curiosity. Let go of former approaches to horsemanship or expectations, and have an open mind about trying something new, even if just for a day.
- If you have not already made payment arrangements with Terri or Jessie, please bring cash/check on Sunday.
- Have your horse groomed by 12 noon. If your horse would prefer, keep her/him in a stall while we do yoga (or you can leave her/him tied around the perimeter of the arena).
- Wear comfortable riding clothes and boots. Contrary to what you may have heard, you can absolutely do yoga in boots and jeans. However, for our purposes, it is easier to move in flexible pants like breeches rather than tight-fitting jeans. Wear what you will be comfortable moving in.
- No yoga mat or special equipment needed. Bridle, hackamore, or whatever you are used to riding with is all the tack you need (no saddles!).
- Okay to eat lunch before we start.
- Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any other questions or concerns.
The workshop will flow somewhat like this:
- We’ll start at noon with a 1-hour yoga practice in the arena (horses can be groomed & tied around the arena or in their stalls while we humans do our yoga).
- At about 1pm, after human yoga, we’ll bring our horses into the arena to help them stretch.
- Next, we’ll bridle our horses, then do some breathing practice and work on deepening our connection with our horses.
- After that, we’ll each mount up, one at a time. Please be comfortable bareback.
- We will proceed with breathing & connection horseback, and then move into poses on horseback.
- Trust that you don’t have to try anything that you are not comfortable with. Come with a supportive attitude toward your fellow horses and riders.
I look forward to practicing yoga with each of you!
Please contact me using the form below: